Monday, July 14, 2008

"#12 Add a JaxCat Search Gadget"

I added the JaxCat Search Gadget to my blog and to my iGoogle page. There--> it is. It wouldn't display correctly on my Dots template, so I switched templates. That necessitated my going back and changing a previous post. My blog page is getting pretty crowded.

The question for this Discovery Exercise was: "How else can a search box to our catalog be useful outside of our library's webpage?" I can see one way: as a promotional tool. Right now, Jacksonville iGoogle users are getting the gadget for another county's public library. When I set up my iGoogle page, I discovered that a Jacksonville tab came with it. I clicked on that and one of the boxes I saw was for St. Johns County Public Library-- NOT JPL. JPL's gadget was nowhere in sight. I wonder what has to be done to get Google to automatically display JPL's gadget instead of SJCPL's?

No comments: